Search This Blog

Friday, April 4, 2014

Getting Crafty: Turn DVD Cases Into Notebooks In A Few Easy Steps

  Today is crafty Friday, and I thought I'd share with you a very simple and creative craft that will help you get rid of some of your old DVD cases. We all have those DVDs that bored us stiff the first time around, and we don't want to go back for a second time. Well, this is the perfect solution for you. I got it from my friend Alex (pic comes from her Instagram), and I'd thought I'd pass it on to you guys.
  All you need is some stationary paper or any paper that you fancy for that matter, glue, a piece of Velcro, and some kind of paper. You can use sticky notes, or a three ring notebook.
  First, you want to take your glue stick and put a layer of glue on the corners of each side of the DVD box except for the side that it opens on. Then you will take the stationary paper of your choosing and stick it to the box, causing the boring title and pics on the box to disappear and transform into a beautiful outer shell for your notebook. Then you can glue different stationary paper on each side of the inner case. Next, you take a piece of double-sided Velcro and rap it from the upper edge of the right flap of the notebook (aka DVD case) to about the 1/4 of the way down the right hand side of the notebook. You can then attach a small notebook at the bottom of the Velcro. The Velcro that lies between the notebook and the edge of the DVD case can come in handy for a place to store your pen. See picture above for better idea of what I mean. Last but not least, you can stick a pack of stick it notes to the other side to write down important things and reminders for yourself, and that, my friends, is the last step. I  hope you can understand my directions because, in all honesty, I'm not always the best at giving directions. Have fun crafting, and if you need any clarifications in what to do ask me in the comments' section. Thanks for reading. (P..S. There's nothing more to read. Had blogger issues and only way I knew to fix it.)











;

No comments:

Post a Comment