Search This Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Day Trip To Larch Mountain Near Portland, Oregon: Part One

    Late last month, we decided to go on a day trip to some of Oregon's scenic mountains. I took a lot of pics, and I thought I would share some with you. The first set of pics is when we went to visit Larch Mountain.This extinct volcano stands at 4,061 feet, and it has views of Mt. Hood, Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Jefferson, and Mt. Adams.  The morning we went, it was cloudy on the ride up, but we were above the clouds and had nothing but blue skies by the time we reached Larch Mountain's peak. It was like nothing I had experienced before, and I hope that sharing some of the pics will you will give you a tiny taste of the beauty I enjoyed at Larch Mountain
The clouds covered the valley that morning, making for a beautiful spectacle. 

The green trees on a blue backdrop were so breathtaking. 

I think that this is Mt. St. Helen's, but I'm not sure. 

One of the five mountains we saw that day. One of the mountains that we saw is Mt. Rainier near Seattle. 

The elevation that we were at got me freaked out, but I stuck in there and experienced the beauty. 

The mountain's peak. 

It was such an amazing day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment