Search This Blog

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thanksgiving Countdown: Budget Harvest Flower Arrangement

A View Of My Arrangement
     You may have just eaten the last of your Halloween candy, but Thanksgiving is already upon us. I know. It's scary. It may even be scarier than Halloween, but over the next few days, I will be trying to give you tips and ideas to make your Thanksgiving go off without a hitch.
Arrangement At Another Angle 
     I didn't really want to talk about food because that's just too much flipping stress so I decided that a nice flower arrangement idea would be the perfect way to ease into Thanksgiving week. I do not have tons of money to go out and buy an expensive and boogie flower arrangement, but I wanted an autumnal flower arrangement for Thanksgiving so I made one myself using artificial flowers from the Dollar Tree (probably spent 8 bucks total there). I chose orange and red colors, came home, and got to work. I used a wooden pot thingy (can't think of  a better word, sorry) that I had gotten as a gift, put a styrofoam square in it, and  put the artificial flowers in it. After I finished, I put some fake peat moss around it, and snap, crackle, pop, I had my arrangement.
       You can use different flowers and colors than I did, and I found that the Dollar Tree often has a large variety to choose from. All together it took me about 15 minutes to put it together so it's fast and simple too. The result is what I think is a pretty gnarly arrangement. Hope you like it and get some inspiration to go out and make your own flower arrangement this Thanksgiving .

No comments:

Post a Comment