Search This Blog

Friday, November 22, 2013

Thanksgiving Countdown:Easy Thanksgiving Dessert From "Boston Cooking School Cookbook" by Fannie Merritt Farmer

      There's only six days until Thanksgiving, and that means the stress may have just built a little bit more. Yesterday, I showed you a harvest wreath I made to ease you into things, but today I thought I would share an easy recipe for peanut butter cupcakes that I got from "The Boston Cooking School Cookbook" by Fannie Merritt Farmer. I'm not the most experiences baker, but I found them to be simple to make and they turned out delicious.

  As I said, this is the recipe from the Boston Cooking School Cookbook by Fannie Merritt Farmer. FYI, I don't own any of the rights to it, just thought I would like to share it with ya'll, and, to be safe, I'm not getting any monetary gain from posting this. "Basically, you cream together a quarter cup of peanut butter and a quarter of a cup of butter. Easy enough. Then you are going to beat 3/4 of a cup of brown sugar, an egg, a quarter of a teaspoon of salt, and a half teaspoon of vanilla together . Finally, you want to sift a cup of pastry flour and 1.25 teaspoons of baking powder. You add the flour and baking powder to the other ingredients as you slowly put in 3/8 cup of milk, set your oven to 375, fill the cupcakes tin halfway, and pop them babies in." (Recipe via Fanny Merritt Farmer in Boston Cooking School Cookbook) Twenty minutes later, you can take them out and ice them with the icing of your choosing, and you have a perfect dessert to serve your guests this Thanksgiving.

   I found this recipe to be simple and fun, but to be honest, I sort of just mixed the ingredients together without following the instructions (I'm  a rebel I tell you), and they turned out okay. I would suggest following the recipe to ensure your guests don't leave having something to talk bad about you about until Christmas, but you do what you want. Enjoy, and have a happy Thanksgiving.

           
                 
Here's the batter. I made a cake too. 


This what the batter will look like when you get it done. 
Make sure you preheat oven to 375 degrees. 
The finished cake. 
And the finished cupcake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment