Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Holiday Shopping On A Budget: The Good, Bad, And Ugly When It Comes to Getting The Best Holiday Deals

   This weekend, I decided that it was time to do my holiday shopping. I scoured department stores, malls, and everything between to try to find the best deals. I must say, some deals I snagged were great while others just had me singing the holiday blues. I have compiled a list of dos and don'ts for you holiday shopping destinations, and I hope it helps when you are out there shopping for your friends and families. I'll start with the holiday dos.
From www.defyingmycloset.com
      Ross is number one on my list. They have affordable prices, and they seem to have a large selection of everything from clothes to coffee pots. In fact, I snagged some great buys on sweaters and even got a twenty dollar percolator.

From www.thebudgetfashionista.com
                             
     The number two place to go shopping for your holiday gifts is Old Navy. This outlet had some AMAZING sales, and they had a lot of winter clothing on clearance too. So stop by Old Navy and pick up some great clothes. I didn't think they would be that great, but they actually were some of the best deals I found.

Image Via www.prwatch.org
                             
        And number three on my list is Wal-Mart. They always have great deals, and they have pretty much everything you need for everyone in your life.

                             NOW IT'S TIME FOR MY HOLIDAY SHOPPING DONT'S
                                
   My number one holiday don't is DON'T go to JC Penney. I found some good deals on towels there, but everything else was a bust. In fact, most of their "clearance" shirts were around twenty dollars, which is not a deal to me when I found similar stuff at Old Navy for half the price (and that wasn't even on clearance).

(From corporate.target.com)
         Target is my next holiday don't. They had okay deals, but none that screamed out to my thrifty spirit. So, if you're on a budget, DON'T go to Target this holiday season.

From www.treehugger.com
    And last but not least on the list of my holiday budget shopping DONT'S is Macy's. They have had a "One Day Sale" when I went, but I didn't consider most of the stuff they had to be on sale. At the end of the day, I left empty handed. 
From numistories.com

                    So there you have it folks. Here's where you should and shouldn't go if you don't want to break the bank while putting gifts under your tree this year. Hope it helps. If you have any more DOS and DONT'S for holiday shopping feel free to leave them in the comment section below so we can help each other out this holiday season. 
                           

No comments:

Post a Comment