Search This Blog

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Bang For Your Buck: Does McDonald's, Wendy's, or Burger King Have The Better Value Menu?

(Image Via www.rantlifestyle.com)
    In today's economy, we all have to pinch our pennies where we can. From finding ways to lessen the cost of a family vacation to trying to not break the bank when going out for dinner, we all are trying to get the biggest bang for your buck. That's why, as I relaunch the site, I am introducing a twice monthly segment about how to get the most for your money. Today, I decided that I will compare the value menus of fast food restaurants to let you know where to stretch your dollar...literally.
    The blog has been down for a while because I've been moving, and part of moving is not having the ability to whip something up in your kitchen whenever you want. Therefore, I had to resort to fast food, and I learned a few things about what companies have the best value menu. First up, we have Burger King, who has just expanded their menu to include a one dollar Rodeo Burger which is a burger with BBQ sauce and an onion ring on the sandwich. It was pretty good, but the one downfall was that the hamburger patty was so tiny. Literally, it was about half the size of the bread that it was on. I'm not dissing it because it did taste good, but you should expect your going to want another sandwich after eating it. Due to my hunger, I ordered their rib sandwich, which was pretty good. Again, it was small, but it is so rare to have a rib sandwich for only a buck that I was willing to live with the pint sized sandwich. Overall, I think that Burger King is starting to step up its game when it comes to their value menu, but it still needs a bit of work. If you are a lighter eater though, BK is your best bet.
(Image Via www.abcnews.go.com)
     Next up, we have McDonald's, the stronghold of the dollar menu. At the beginning of the year, they introduced a few new items to their menu. I've only tried the BBQ Ranch Burger (guess BBQ is a theme), which is a burger with ranch dressing and tortilla chips (pretty much Doritos). It was very good, and I would highly recommend it. The only thing is that I find that the classic dollar menu items are better so be prepared to be a little disappointed if your expecting a McChicken or McDouble.
   Last but not least, we have Wendy's, which I find has the best value menu.They have several items on their dollar menu, including a Jr. cheeseburger with onions and tomatoes, value fries, and a great chicken sandwich. They also have items under two bucks for the more health conscious people. These include a chicken rap and chili for just a little over a dollar.
     So there you have it folks, Wendy's is your best bet of getting the most for your money when eating off of value menus. It's good, great quality, and a great price. Don't forget to try McDonald's or BK though, as their new offerings are pretty great too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment