Search This Blog

Monday, March 3, 2014

Oscars Recap: Who Won Big At Last Night's Show?

        Last night was Hollywood's most glamorous night. Although, I've heard some people say that the show was more dull than glamorous. When all was said and done though, only a lucky few walked home with the coveted golden Oscar trophy. Here's a few of the big winners.
         Yesterday, I predicted Matthew McConaughey would win for his portrayal of a cowboy with AIDS in the "Dallas Buyers Club" due to the fact that he delivered a great performance and lost a lot of weight, and it looks like my prediction came true. Matt snatched an Oscar for Best Actor in A Lead Role.
(From www.thewire.com)
          I also said that Lupita Nyong'o, the actress in "12 Years A Slave" would win for Best Supporting Actress, and she won a trophy as well. I think that one of the biggest highlights of the night was her beautiful speech, and she will be one of the brightest stars in Hollywood in the future.
          Jared Leto, who played a transgender AIDS patient in "Dallas Buyers Club" took home the trophy. I had said that I thought Barkhad Abdi would take home the award, but I also said that Jared Leto would be the next best bet for who was going to take home the trophy. After all, I think he's the first man who played a transgender woman to be nominated for an Oscar, and he did a great job at it.
        Now, where I was totally wrong. I said that either Sandra Bullock or Meryl Streep would take home the prize for Best Actress in a Lead Role. Instead, Cate Blanchett took home the prize. I had never even heard of "Blue Jasmine" until last week, but I heard she was great in it. So congratulations Cate!
        Last but not least, "Twelve Years A Slave" won Best Picture. I had no doubt that they were going to take home the trophy because it was a brilliant movie with a strong story and great actors. Basically, that film gives me hope that Hollywood can still do good in the world. So congratulations to everyone who was involved in the film!
        So there you have it. I'm a little surprised I did as well as I did. Now, I want to hear from you. What was your favorite part of the Oscars this year? Is there anyone who was robbed?  Let me know in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment