Search This Blog

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Oscar Predictions 2014: Who Will Be Best Dressed And Worst Dressed?

     Hollywood's biggest night happens this evening, and as people around the world turn on their television sets to see Hollywood's stars at their brightest, they will be tuning in more for the fashion than they will for who actually wins. Unfortunately, I will be working during the ceremonies or else I'd be blogging the event, but I thought I'd bring you a few Oscar predictions. Instead of forecasting who will win the awards, I thought I'd tell you who I think will be worst and best dressed at tonight's big bash. I'll start with my prediction for my top two best dressed ladies.
                                                     
Image Via www.hollywoodlife.com
          My first prediction for who will wow at tonight's event is "12 Years A Slave" star Lupita Nyong'o. She has a history of wowing on the red carpet, such as this dress she wore to the SAG awards, and I feel like she will definitely be one of the top contenders for best dressed tonight.
julia roberts
From www.huffingtonpost.com
         Next up, I think that Julia Roberts is going to be looking great tonight. She's known to take fashion risks (just look at this pink jumpsuit she wore), and they often pay off. I think tonight will be no exception for the "August: Osage County" star.

        Now, time for who I think will be the worse dressed female of the night. This year, to me, has seen some very shaky fashions on the red carpet, and I feel like tonight might be the same. Here I go with the two ladies who I think the world will be buzzing about tomorrow for all the wrong reasons. 
From www.eonline.com
For some reason, I think that Cate Blanchett is not going to be on anyone's best dressed list tonight. The dresses she's worn this awards season have been weak, and I think she'll continue that trend tonight.
From huffingtonpost.com
       Lastly, it pains me to do this because I love EVERYTHING she's ever done in her career, but I think that America's sweetheart Sandra Bullock might show up on the worst dressed list. Her looks this year have not been as strong as they have been, and I think she might carry this over tonight. Fingers crossed this doesn't happen, but I'm just saying.

        Now it's time for the guys. Since it's mostly the same attire (you know black tie and all), I've decided to do one prediction for best and worst dressed. 
(Image Via www.dailymail.co.uk)
          I think that Leo DiCaprio is going to be on the best dressed list for sure come tomorrow morning. He always seems to go with simplicity, which work wonders for men on the red carpet. So don't be surprised to see him on the best dressed list if he goes with a classic look for tonight's ceremonies.

                                               
Image Via www.popsugar.com
           For worst dressed, I think that "Dallas Buyer's Club" star Jared Leto is probably going to be a top contender. I don't think it's through any fault of his own though. He is edgier than most Oscar nominees, so it's going to take the fashion world a little while to get used to seeing a guy with a pony tail walking down the red carpet. I think that he looked pretty darn good at the Golden Globes earlier in the year, but then again, I'm not really a Hollywood type. Therefore, I won't be surprised if he's on the worst dressed list this year. 


         So there you have it folks, my predictions for tonight's Oscar fashions. Come back tomorrow where I will see how I did, and enjoy the festivities tonight!                        

                                              

                                       
                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment