Search This Blog

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Who Will Take Home An Oscar Tonight: My Predictions For The 2014 Oscars

    Today is Oscar Day here at "It Is The Lifestyle", and now it's time for me to tell you who I think will take home a trophy for each category at tonight's ceremony. Here's a list of who I think will win in each major category.

Best Actor In Leading Role- I think this win will probably go to Matthew McConaughey for his portrayal of a heterosexual AIDS patient in "Dallas Buyers Club". Oscars past have shown us that losing weight increases your chances of taking home a trophy, and he certainly did that. If he doesn't win, I think that Chiwetel Ejiofor of "12 Years A Slave" will take home the trophy.

(From www.telegraph.co.uk)
Best Actress In Leading Role- Meryl Streep is usually the best bet for this category, but something tells me that Sandra Bullock is going to take home the award for "Gravity". After all, she had to spend hours in a tiny space during filming, and she was great at her role which involved very little dialogue. If she doesn't win though, Meryl will.

Best Actor In A Supporting Role- For some reason, I think that Barkhad Abdi will take home this award for his performance in "Captain Phillips" because it's a lesser known film that features great acting. If he doesn't win, I think that Jared Leto will for his role as a transgender woman in "The Dallas Buyers Club".

Best Actress In A Supporting Role- I think that Lupita Nyong'o is going to take home the trophy tonight for her role in "12 Years a Slave" due to the fact that she did some awesome acting. If she doesn't take the prize, I'd have to say Jennifer Lawrence will take it for "American Hustle".

Best Picture- I think that this is the year for a movie like "12 Years A Slave" to take home an award for best picture. After all, it is intense and deals with some very deep issues. If they don't walk away with the award, "Dallas Buyers Club" certainly will.

Check back tomorrow as I either celebrate at victory in being right or soak in misery at being wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment